Sunday 1 July 2012

Day 7 - Khizer

One week on this diet, and still here!!

Normally it takes a week or two before something gets into a habit, so the fact that I got through a week means I'm probably closer to shifting this from a diet to a lifestyle change.  Hopefully!!

Anyways, today I decided I would start today/ the second week closer to Bernstein so that I can try and get to my goal faster and quicker.

I went for some groceries and bought the following items:

Miracle Noodle - A zero everything rice/pasta alternative approved by many sites, as well as Bernstein. Made of Shitaraki? Not sure if I spelt that right but it is Google-able if more info is needed.

Matzah - A bread alternative.

Matzah meal - A breading for chicken etc I can use according to Bernstein 

Low-Sodium/Fat Chicken Broth

Sugar/Fat free Strawberry Jam 

Two Cans of Light Tuna in Water

A bag of skinless/boneless Chicken Breast

Frozen Chopped Spinach

Frozen Chopped Brocoli 

Frozen Chopped Cauliflower

Frozen Chopped Strawberries and Rhubarb

Frozen cilantro cubes

Garlic Butter Cooking Spray

Eggs - bought yesterday but included in this list

Low Sodium Soy Sauce

Diced tomatoes --> No sodium, or anything added

Special K 90 calorie bars --> bought these yesterday as a random snack

I may have missed something but that's the general idea. Let's start week two!

MEALS

Morning --> I had a glass of water, as well as some green/black tea with strawberries/blueberries mixed with some fat free cream cheese.

Lunch --> I made myself a spinach and red lettuce salad with half a slice of matzoh and a tablespoon of rice vinegar as well as a special k bar and a glass of water.

Snack --> Between lunch and dinner before my jog, I had another special K bar to give me some energy for the jog. 

Dinner -->  This is the part I'm most excited about! I tried out those Miracle Noodles for dinner today and let me just put it this way, THEY ARE AMAZING!!! Especially knowing they have no carbs or calories, is even better! Basically, here's my recipe because I know I'm going to want to make this again. I started by using Garlic Butter spray for cooking (instead of Olive Oil, approved on Bernstein list), and I grilled a full chicken breast until lightly cooked. I sprinkled both sides with salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Once no long pink on the outside, I chopped it up and sprayed it with some more of the garlic butter because the pan was getting dry. I added a chopped onion, mushrooms, a squirt of lemon, a little bit of garlic, a cube of cilantro, and a table spoon of low sodium soy sauce to the skillet. I let this cook a little and added the Miracle Noodles to them and let it simmer for a few minutes. Finito! Sooooo delicious. If I wasn't portion controlling, I'd definitely eat the full skillet, but I half is saved for my dinner tomorrow, which I can't wait for now!!

I had this meal with a glass of diet green tea. 




EXERCISE 

Today between lunch and dinner I went for a jog and the results were incredible. First off, I completed my full jogging route in 17 minutes and 45 seconds (normally it takes between 20 and 25 minutes) and second of all, (obviously) most of it was done in larger jogging intervals and less walking intervals. I feel like I did amazing today. I'm going to try and keep this up as I was really happy with my results today and I think my goal by the end of it is to do most of my route as jogging with no walking. However, I'm not sure how beneficial that is, as I've heard that its best to do intervals so that your heart rate is brought up and down and that way you don't reach a plateau where you can't lose anymore and your body is used to it. So perhaps my goal is just to be able to do more and more cardio and keep this up.

I want jogging to become part of my lifestyle where even after these 4 weeks, if I don't go, i feel like I'm missing something. Therefore, I hope to just consistently keep this up!

1 comment:

  1. OMG miracle noodles! so jealous! i ordered mine from low carb grocery store but because of Canada day have yet to arrive. Cannot wait to try it!

    Love the new grocery list!!

    ReplyDelete